In light of Covid-19 we continue to do everything we can to reduce the risk and prevent exposure amoung students, faculty and staff. We are practicing social distancing, wearing face coverings, disinfecting all areas (barres, floors, door handles, and all other frequently touched surfaces). We are using government approved cleaners in the studio to ensure that our dancers, faculty and staff are kept safe.
COVID-19 protocols in place:
(This information will be updated as we receive more details)
- Everyone entering and exiting the building will be required to use hand sanitizer (it will be provided throughout the studio)
- We have staggered our class start times to reduce the number of students entering and exiting the building at one time.
- We have scheduled 15 minute breaks between each class so we can disinfect the dance space and frequently touched surfaces.
- Class sizes are limited depending on the size of the room to ensure social distancing for all dancers. (LIMITED TO 10 STUDENTS)
- In each studio we have created social/ physical distance boxes by taping off 6x6 squares in the dance room. Each dancer will have their own ‘box’ during class to ensure social distancing. For younger classes we have created the boxes with colourful tape to help guide dancers and help to practice with directions and learning their ‘right’ and ‘left’. (INCREASED TO 3 METERS)
- All students will come dressed, ready for class. Students will be required to have a dance bag for their shoes, water bottle, and any outside clothing. This bag will remain with the dancers as our dressing rooms are currently closed.
- If your dancer is 7 and under only ONE PARENT will be permitted into the studio. If your dancer is 8 and older your dancer will be dropped off at our main entrance and then picked up after class. We will have a staff member at our main entrance to help dancers as they arrive and guide them to class. No other parents or family members (including siblings) will be allowed into the studio.
- Any parent or dancer coming into the building will be required to wear a face mask. Face masks will be optional for the dancers while they are in class.
- If a child or anyone in the household is unwell, the child is not permitted to attend class.
- If Cassiah’s Dance Company is required to suspend in-studio classes due to an emergency declaration or other required closure(s), all dance classes will continue via zoom/ google meet (at their regularly scheduled time). Clients will continue to pay for classes and recreational classes will be discounted 20% on fees.
- 50 people max. permitted in the building at one time
- All parents must screen their child for symptoms before sending them to class.
- We will implement any other safety protocols required by the government and/ or the health unit.
ADDITIONAL PROTOCOLS IN YELLOW STAGE
- Increased spacing between students to 3 meters
- Student temperature checks before each class
- Class sizes limited to 10 students
- Safety Plan in place
ADDITIONAL PROTOCOLS IN ORANGE STAGE
- Screening of patrons is required before entering the building
- Require contact information of everyone who is entering the building
ADDITIONAL PROTOCOLS IN RED STAGE
- Restricted to 10 Students only in the entire facility
- Pre School classes will be taking place in studio, all other classes will continue with online ‘Zoom’ classes. (Check your email for full details about your childs class)
- All restrictions/ protocols from previous coloured levels also in place.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION!
We cannot do this without you. Cassiah’s Dance Company has taken every measure possible to keep our dancers, faculty and staff healthy and safe. Children that are not feeling well or have a fever are asked to please stay home.
Thank you for doing your part to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Together we will get through this!